- Adjunct Professor, Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Dr. Ahmed Hamdy is the founder and CEO of Vincerx Pharma. He has 20+ years of clinical research experience in pharmaceutical drug development, seven of which were in academic medical research. He has extensive pharmaceutical industry experience in planning, designing, and executing Phase I to IV clinical trials in oncology, urology, woman’s health, gastroenterology, cardiovascular, and pain therapeutic areas. Prior to Vincerx Pharma, Dr. Hamdy was a founder of Acerta Pharma and its former Chief Executive and Medical Officer. Previously, he was the Chief Medical Officer for Pharmacyclics where he was responsible for the development of the BTK inhibitor program including transitioning the molecule from pre-clinical stage into Phase I and Phase II. Dr. Hamdy's experience ranges across all clinical development phases (fifteen Phase I, seventeen Phase II, eight Phase III, and three Phase IV trials) and he has a successful track record of delivering numerous INDs and NDAs. Dr. Hamdy also has served as Therapeutic Area Head at Elan Pharmaceuticals where he was responsible for gastroentrology and autoimmune clinical development. At PDL Biopharma, he was the General Medicine Therapeutic Area Head, where he was responsible for the clinical development activities for Cardene IV premixed bag formulation, which was approved in 2008 and the development of Ularitide for the treatment of congestive heart failure. Prior, Dr. Hamdy was a Medical Director at Johnson and Johnson/ALZA, where he participated in NDA submissions for OROS hydromorphone (Jurnista) for moderate to severe pain which was approved in Europe in 2006. From 2000-04, he was a Senior Principal Scientist at Watson Pharmaceuticals where he participated in an ANDA for testosterone gel for the treatment of hypogonadism approved 2005. He also participated in multiple INDs in oncology and autoimmune diseases leading to successful Phase I and Phase II programs. Dr. Hamdy received his M.D. (M.B.B.Ch) from Cairo University, Egypt and also conducted clinical research at University of Colorado, Health Sciences Department of Experimental Pathology. (Bio from https://www.startupsandbox.org/post/profile-ahmed-hamdy)
- Pharmaceutical drug development
- Clinical trials in oncology, urology, woman’s health, gastroenterology, cardiovascular, and pain therapeutic areas
- M.D. (M.B.B.Ch) from Cairo University, Egypt
Are you Ahmed Hamdy? If so, you can update your directory information.