Magy Seif El-Nasr
- Professor, Vice Chair of Serious Games Program, Computational Media
- Computational Media
- Silicon Valley Campus
- Dr. Seif El-Nasr earned her Ph.D. degree from Northwestern University in Computer Science. Her research focuses on two goals (a) developing automated tools and techniques for authoring, adapting, and personalizing virtual environments (e.g., interactive narrative, believable characters, and visuals), and (b) developing evidence-based methodologies to measure the effectiveness of game environments through the development of novel in-depth behavior mining and visual analytics tools. She published the first book on the subject of game analytics, called Game Analytics: Maximizing the Value of Player Data. Her work is internationally known and cited in several game industry books. Additionally, she has received several awards and recognition within the game research community. Notably, she received four Best Paper Awards and one honorable mention. Further, she was named as a HEVGA (Higher Education Video Game Alliance) Fellow. She also serves as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Games and IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing.
- Modeling the Player Experience, Game AI, Plan Recognition and Player Behaviors
- Interactive Narrative
- Open Player Models, Open Leaner Models
- Games for Learning, Games for Health
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2003, Northwestern University
Are you Magy Seif El-Nasr? If so, you can update your directory information.