- Computer Science and Engineering
- Adwait Ratnaparkhi received a B.S.E. in computer science from Princeton University in 1992. He received a Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Pennsylvania in 1998. His Ph.D. thesis was titled "Maximum Entropy Models for Natural Language Ambiguity Resolution". Since then, he has worked in the research labs of large companies such as IBM, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Nuance, as well as in several startups, including 33Across, where he served as the Chief Scientist. His industry experience spans several areas including natural language processing, conversational dialog systems, computational advertising, and machine learning. Prior to UC Santa Cruz, he worked at Roku as the Director of Natural Language Understanding and Voice R&D, where he developed natural language understanding and conversational AI technologies for the Roku device. Adwait is currently the Executive Director of the Natural Language Processing Master's degree program.
- Natural language processing
- Conversational systems
- Machine learning
- Computational advertising
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 1998, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.E. in Computer Science, 1992, Princeton University
Are you Adwait Ratnaparkhi? If so, you can update your directory information.