- Adjunct Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Founder & Director, Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS)
- Director, Systems Research Lab (SRL)
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering 2, Room 369
- By appointment
- Carlos Maltzahn is the founder and director of the UC Santa Cruz Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS). Dr. Maltzahn also co-founded the Systems Research Lab, known for its cutting-edge work on big data storage & processing, scalable data management, and distributed systems performance management. Carlos joined UC Santa Cruz in 2004, after five years at Netapp working on network-intermediaries and storage systems. In 2005 he co-founded and became a key mentor on Sage Weil’s Ceph project. In 2008 Carlos became a member of the computer science faculty at UC Santa Cruz and has graduated seven Ph.D. students since. Carlos graduated with a M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Storage systems, reproducibility, data management games, network intermediaries, information retrieval, cooperation dynamics
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 1999, University of Colorado at Boulder
Are you Carlos Maltzahn? If so, you can update your directory information.