- Distinguished Professor, Engineering
- Kumar Malavalli Endowed Professor of Storage Systems Research
- Director of Center for Research in Storage Systems (CRSS)
- Director of Secure Systems Laboratory (SSL)
- Engineering 2, Room 331
- Dr. Darrell D. E. Long is Distinguished Professor of Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He holds the Kumar Malavalli Endowed Chair of Storage Systems Research and is Director of the Storage Systems Research Center. He received his B.S. degree in Computer Science from San Diego State University, and his M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of California, San Diego. In 2006 he was elevated to Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) "for contributions to storage systems architecture and performance". In 2008 he was inducted a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). He is a member of the IEEE Computer Society, the Association for Computing Machinery, the American Society for Engineering Education, the Usenix Association, Upsilon Pi Epsilon and Sigma Xi. He has held visiting faculty positions at the Université Paris—Dauphine (Paris IX), the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, the Université Paris—Descartes (Paris V), the University of Technology, Sydney, the Center for Communications Research, the United States Naval Postgraduate School and is Professor ad Honorem de la Universidad Católica del Uruguay. He is an Associate Member of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN).
- Data storage systems, computer security
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 1988, UC San Diego
- M.S. in Computer Science, 1986, UC San Diego
- B.S. in Computer Science, 1984, San Diego State University
Are you Darrell Long? If so, you can update your directory information.