- Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering 2, Room 363
- (None during finals week or summer). Email times you are available for a call.
- James Davis is a Professor in Computer Science at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He received his PhD from Stanford University in 2002, and was previously a senior research scientist at Honda Research Institute. His existing research expertise is in computer graphics, machine vision, and sensing systems for building digital models of the real world, work that has resulted in over 80 peer-reviewed publications, patents, and invited talks, received best paper awards at ICRA 2003, ICCV 2009, and an NSF CAREER award. His research has been commercialized by companies including Sony and PrenticeHall. He was the Founding Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at UCSC, and sits on advisory councils for a handful of startups and nonprofits. He is now interested in research applying technology to address global social issues, and has developed an award winning course around this theme.
- ICTD, technology for global social issues, human computation, computational photography, computer vision, computer graphics
- Ph.D Computer Science, 2002, Stanford University
- B.S. Computer Science, 1993, UC Davis
Are you James Davis? If so, you can update your directory information.