- Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering 2, Room 319
- Dr.Dejan Milutinović is a professor in the Department of Computer Engineering, UC Santa Cruz. He earned Dipl.-Ing. (1995) and Magister’s (1999) degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Belgrade, Serbia and a doctoral degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (2004) from Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon, Portugal. From 1995 to 2000 he worked as a research engineer in the Automation and Control Division of Mihajlo Pupin Institute, Belgrade, Serbia, on various industry projects before continuing his graduate education. In 2006, Dr. Milutinović’s PhD thesis was voted for the first runner-up for the best PhD thesis of European Robotics in 2004 by EURON, the network of over 150 European robotics research groups. He won the National Research Council Award of the US academies in 2008. He held postdoctoral fellow positions in immunology for four years, followed by one year in the area of robotics at Utrecht University, the Netherlands, and Duke University, NC. Dr. Milutinović pursues research in the area of modeling and control of stochastic dynamical systems applied to robotics. He co-organized the workshop “Redundancy in Robot Manipulators and Multi-robot Systems” at the 2011 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) and invited sessions “Stochastic Models, Control, and Algorithms in Robotics” at the 2012 Dynamical Systems Control Conference (DSCC) and the 2013 American Control Conference (ACC). At the 2013 DSCC, he held the tutorial session “Stochastic Processes, Kalman Filtering and Stochastic Control”. He is the first author of the research monograph “Cells and Robots”, Springer, 2007, and the co-editor of the volume “Redundancy in Robot Manipulators and Multi-Robot Systems”, Springer, 2013. He serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) and for Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Springer. For more details, see Personal Web Page.
- Stochastic and nonlinear control, optimization, stochastic processes and estimation, hybrid and discrete event systems, signal processing and real-time computer control with applications to robotics, air-traffic and multi-agent systems
- Book: Milutinovic, D. and Lima, P., "Cells and Robots", Springer 2007
- Milutinovic, D., Carneiro, J., Athans, M., Lima P., "Modeling dynamics of cell population molecule expression distribution", Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems , vol. 1, pp. 81-94, 2007
- Milutinovic, D. and De Boer, R. J., "Process noise: an explanation for the fluctuations in the immune response during acute viral infection", Biophysical Journal, Volume 92, Issue 10, 3358-3367, 15 May 2007
- Milutinovic, D. and Lima, P., "Modeling and Optimal Centralized Control of a Large-Size Robotic Population, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 1280-1285 , 2006
- Milutinovic, D. and Garg, D.,: "Kalman Smoother Based Force Localization and Mapping Using Intravital Video Microscopy", Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Transactions of the ASME, Series G, Vol. 132, No.6, November 2010, pp. 061503-1
Are you Dejan Milutinovic? If so, you can update your directory information.