Phokion G. Kolaitis
- Distinguished Research Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering 2, Room 345A
- Phokion Kolaitis is a Distinguished Research Professor at UC Santa Cruz and a Principal Research Staff Member at the IBM Almaden Research Center. Kolaitis is a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), a Foreign Member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, and the recipient of a 1993 Guggenheim Fellowship. He is also the recipient of two IBM Research Division Outstanding Innovation Awards, an IBM Research Division Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, a co-winner of the 2013 ICDT Test-of-Time Award, a co-winner of both the 2008 and the 2014 ACM PODS Alberto O. Mendelzon Test-of-Time Award, and a co-winner of the 2020 Alonzo Church Award for Outstanding Contributions to Logic and Computation. In 2014, Kolaitis was awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree (Doctor Honoris Causa) from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
- Principles of database systems, logic in computer science, computational complexity
Are you Phokion G. Kolaitis? If so, you can update your directory information.