- Professor of Applied Mathematics
- Undergraduate Director, Department of Applied Mathematics
- 4+1 coordinator, Department of Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Baskin Engineering, Room 359C
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-5pm.
- Pascale Garaud completed her PhD in Astrophysics at the Institute of Astronomy at the University of Cambridge, UK, in 2001. She then became a fellow of New Hall (now Murray-Edwards College) and a PPARC fellow, and continued her post-doctoral research jointly at the Institute of Astronomy and the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics of Cambridge. She joined the AMS faculty at UCSC in July 2004, and continues her research on various aspects of fluid dynamics applied to astrophysics and geophysics. She was the recipient of an NSF CAREER award in 2009, and is the founding director of the Kavli Summer Program in Astrophysics. She is a faculty of the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics summer program of Woods Hole. She was elected a fellow of the American Physical Society (Fluid Dynamics) in 2019.
- Astrophysical fluid dynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, geophysical fluid dynamics
- PhD in Astrophysics, 2001, University of Cambridge
Are you Pascale Garaud? If so, you can update your directory information.