- Associate Professor, Computational Media
- Computational Media
- Engineering 2, Room 253
- Leila Takayama is an associate professor of Computational Media at UC Santa Cruz. She joined the UCSC faculty in 2016. Prior to UCSC, she was a senior user experience researcher at GoogleX, and was a research scientist and area manager for human-robot interaction at Willow Garage. She has served as a World Economic Forum Global Future Council Member and Young Global Leader. In 2015, she was presented the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society Early Career Award. In 2012, she was named a TR35 winner and one of the 100 most creative people in business by Fast Company. With a background in Psychology, Cognitive Science, and Human-Computer Interaction, she examines human encounters with new technologies. Dr. Takayama completed her PhD in Communication at Stanford University. She also holds a PhD minor in Psychology from Stanford, a master's degree in Communication from Stanford, and bachelor's of arts degrees in Psychology and Cognitive Science from UC Berkeley. During her graduate studies, she was a research assistant in the User Interface Research (UIR) group at Palo Alto Research Center (PARC).
- Human-robot interaction
- PhD in Communication, 2008, Stanford University
- MA in Communication, 2008, Stanford University
- BAs in Cognitive Science and Psychology, 2003, UC Berkeley
Are you Leila Takayama? If so, you can update your directory information.