- Adjunct Professor of Applied Mathematics
- Professor of Applied Mathematics (Naval Postgraduate School)
- Applied Mathematics
- Wei Kang received B.S. and M.S. degrees from Nankai University and a Ph.D. degree from the University of California at Davis, all in mathematics. In 1991-1994, he held a faculty position at Washington University in St. Louis. Since 1994, he has been with the faculty of Applied Mathematics at Naval Postgraduate School, where he has served as the department chair during 2018-2021. He was elected a Fellow of IEEE in 2008. He was a Director of American Institute of Mathematics (2008-2011) for business and international collaborations. He was a visiting scientist at Intel (2005) and a consultant of EPRI (2011-2012). Professor Kang’s research interests include computational mathematics, control systems, deep learning, data assimilation, bifurcations and normal forms, and their applications to power systems, space systems, robotics, and manufacturing process control.
- computational mathematics
- control systems
- deep learning
- data assimilation
- applications to power systems, space systems, robotics, and manufacturing process control
Are you Wei Kang? If so, you can update your directory information.