- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 831-459-2921 (Office)
- Engineering 2, Room 547B
- Yu Zhang is an Assistant Professor in the ECE Department of UC Santa Cruz. Prior to joining UCSC, he was a postdoc at UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. He received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Zhang's research interests span the broad areas of cyber-physical systems, smart power grids, optimization theory, machine learning and big data analytics.
- Smart grids, cyber-physical systems, machine learning, big data analytics, optimization, operations research, wireless communications, and signal processing.
- Conic Relaxations for Power System State Estimation with Line Measurements
- Distributed Stochastic Market Clearing with High-Penetration Wind Power
- Robust Workload and Energy Management for Sustainable Data Centers
- Electricity Market Forecasting via Low-Rank Multi-Kernel Learning
- Robust Energy Management for Microgrids With High-Penetration Renewables
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology
Are you Yu Zhang? If so, you can update your directory information.